In a previous post A running plan for beginners we talked about how a beginner should approach ‘each run’. Taking a step back from this its relevant to provide those new to running with a high level overview running plan.
We’ve came up with 12 beginner running tips that will allow you to start running smoothly, and help you to stick with it.
- Purchase a good pair of running shoes
- Start slow and steady
- Warm up, cool down
- Fuel up
- Increase your mileage slowly and evenly
- Vary your runs – distances and routes
- Set goals & targets
- Go outside to run
- Fix Your Form
- Strategise – try sprint intervals, tempo runs & hill work
- Persevere & stick with it
These are just quick tips that are worthwhile sharing. We hope these beginner running points help.