With all those special life moments shared on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook there are always a few things that catch the eye.
Here are a few good, bad and humorous posts that recently stood out.
1. Colin McCourt did it! A sub 15:38 5K, back in shape and avoids 17 tattoos. Respect. 👊
1 year ago, Colin McCourt, a former pro runner for England, entered a bet
If he broke 16 in the 5k within a year, he'd win £1700, if not, he'd have to get 17 tattoos
He was 207lbs, out of shape
But somehow he did it
In 294 days he went from a 24min 5k runner to 15:38. pic.twitter.com/rrfJ1Gd0Wu
— Cross Country Probs (@CrossProb) November 20, 2017
2. No words needed – North Central College’s uniforms at the NCAA Cross Country Championships on Saturday. But before you shake your head the Cardinals did go on to win an 18th NCAA Division III title.
3. Love is in the air – Andy Butchart and Lynsey Sharp make a lovely couple, and its great to see them share a moment at altitude in Font Romeu. Aww. ❤️ 😍
4. Gary O’Hanlon on Instagram – following a mass uploading of photos in a few days, the highlight from O’Hanlon who didn’t…and then did win the Irish national marathon title last month, dives into the sea for a recovery dip after a tempo run. Maybe that’s the secret to two marathon PBs in your mid-40s.
5. Vlogging – Eilish McColgan is taking over the vlogging world… we hear the BAFTA Rising Star Award is as good as hers.
— Eilish Mccolgan (@EilishMccolgan) November 15, 2017
6. Shalane Flanagan keeps inspiring – but she must be running out of motivational quotes because this was a lazy attempt “If you want something……go chase after it.” But hey, she did win the NYC marathon – that’s good enough.
7. What else would you do on a stag do? Dave Norman and company about to start a 14-mile hilly road race dressed up as superheroes.
8. Sir Mo – Mo Farah officially becomes Sir Mo. That top hat 👍
— Sir Mo Farah (@Mo_Farah) November 14, 2017
9. A thing of beauty – University of Michigan’s new 300m practice track that surrounds there 200m competition track.
1️⃣1️⃣ days until our first trip around the new 3-lane 300-meter practice track (which surrounds our 200m hydraulic banked competition track)! pic.twitter.com/tL4qkaGINL
— Michigan Track & Field / Cross Country (@UMichTrack) November 16, 2017
10. Grit – This was last weekend but still worthy of a mention. After her kit stolen pre race in Spain, Fionnuala McCormack makes do in trainers, leggings and sleeves rolled up to finish fifth. Respect. 👊
— Juan Carlos (@yepcuiza) November 14, 2017